This afternoon, I’m working on moving the development instance for a client from my test server to his host provider, cBeyond. The first thing I did was to back up his existing site with FileZilla to my local hard drive. I then went into phpMyAdmin on his host site and backed up his existing WordPress database instance.
I then went into MySQL Workbench on my development server and exported the WordPress Schema. I then imported the database Schema into the host provider using phpMyAdmin. Next, I used FileZilla to upload all the WordPress site files from my development server to the cBeyond host server. This took about 15 minutes to complete.
I then logged back into phpMyAdmin, and ran the following sql query:
I then edited the results for option_name = ‘home’ to ‘http://www.clearlakeautoservice.com’. I also edited the results for option_name = ‘siteurl’ to same.
Continued on 5/12/2010…
Next, I copied the wp-config.php from the original WordPress site on the host provider to my local hard drive. I updated the new wp-config.php file and changed the following entries:
/** The name of the database for WordPress */
/** MySQL database username */
/** MySQL database password */
/** MySQL hostname */
I next went into phpMyAdmin and granted all privileges the new WordPress database to the existing DB_USER used above.
I am now able to pull up the new site Clearlake Auto Service. I’m not done yet. Now, I need to update the perma-links. I logged into the WordPress site and navigated to Settings | Permalinks. I then toggled from Day and name to Default and clicked Save Changes. I then put it back to Day and name and clicked Save Changes.
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.