This morning started out with not being able to check my emails on my local web server. I also wasn’t able to browse to my web site either. I quickly determined that my D-Link DIR-655 (hardware version: A3) router was at fault. After logging into the router, and opening the Advanced menu, I discovered that none of my Virtual Servers were configured. They had all somehow vanished!
I’ve been having troubles with this router for some time now, and it appears to only be getting worse (I’ve posted on this before here). I’ve recently upgraded the firmware as well to version 1.33NA. I went out to the D-Link support forums and found DIR-655 Virtual Server/Port Forwarding Config doesn’t stay. This post says that you have to enable SecureSpot, reboot, change the virtual servers, reboot, disable SecureSpot, reboot in order to keep the virtual settings.